In today’s blog post, we discuss all things soft water! Why hard water can be hard on you and your home and how a water softener system will help!
It’s no secret that the water in Regina is well…a little rough around the edges. Hard water contains high levels of minerals such as calcium and magnesium, which can be hard, no pun intended, on your skin, hair, and overall plumbing.
In your everyday life this may look like:
- The presence of dry irritated skin
- Spots on your dishes and flatware
- Scaling and build up on plumbing fixtures (ie: bathtub and sink faucets)
- Residue on your dishes after they’ve been washed
So what’s your next move? The solution to your health and your corroding pipes desires….a water softener system!
Benefits of a Water Softener System
A water softener system helps contribute to a healthier life and makes your home appliances last longer. What’s not to love?
There are a number of benefits to having a water softener system:
- Healthier Skin: You won’t have to worry about that “dry skin” feeling right after you step out of the shower which means you might save some $$ on moisturizing lotion as well!
- Stronger Hair: Is your hair feeling dry, damaged and somewhat lifeless? Styling tools and the type of hair products you use can sometimes play a role here, but typically the number one culprit can be hard water drying out your hair and scalp. When the harsh minerals are removed from your water, the difference will be shiny healthier hair.
- Softer Laundy: When your clothes are constantly being washed in water containing harsh minerals, fabrics can deteriorate over time, compromising the integrity and quality of some of your most favourite pieces. Say goodbye to mineral build-up on clothing leaving them feeling rough with an “unwashed” look.
- Purifies Water Taste: Have you ever had a tall cold glass of metallic tasting water? Then you know just how unpleasant the experience can be! A water softener removes that overly earthy taste, leaving your tap water tasting filtered and refreshed.
- Gentle on Pipes & Appliances: Hard water takes a toll on your home’s pipes and appliances. Over time corrosion occurs, leaving you with ungodly looking corroding spots and scale build-up that often ends with plumbing issues, aka more money out of your pocket. Soft water doesn’t leave a scaly build-up, ensuring the integrity of your pipes for years to come.
North Star Water Softeners
At Reliance Heath, we trust North Star Water Softeners. Their simple to set, permanent program memory systems utilize meter-controlled regeneration, saving salt and water. With a great lineup of residential softeners, we’ll recommend the softener system that best fits your unique needs!
The best part? When you rent a North Star softener from Reliance Heath, our annual rental fee includes routine maintenance free of charge. Thus, prolonging the life of your water softener system and saving you money in the long run.
Your Soft Water Saviour
So, now that you’ve established that a water softener system is the best solution to combat hard water and all the effects that it can have on your body and your home, it’s time to soften things up. That’s where we come in! At Reliance Heath, ensuring that you and your family are well equipped with all the soft water that you need, 365 days of the year is our top priority.
Our experienced and trusted experts are just one quick phone call away! Schedule an appointment today and experience the life-changing benefits of soft water.