by Baylee White | Mar 8, 2023 | Bradford White, Hot Water, Water Heaters, Water Softeners
As the temperatures start to warm up, it’s time to prepare your water heater for the increased demand for spring and summer water usage. Here are some steps you can take to make sure your water heater is ready to go.
- Check the temperature setting: The first step to preparing your water heater for spring and summer is to check the temperature setting. During the colder months, you may have turned up the temperature to compensate for the colder water. However, during the warmer months, you don’t need the water to be as hot, and a lower temperature setting can save you energy and money. Set the temperature to around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and flush the tank: Over time, sediment can build up in the tank, which can reduce its efficiency and lifespan. To remove this sediment, you need to drain and flush the tank. Turn off the power or gas supply to the water heater, attach a hose to the drain valve, and open the valve to drain the tank. Once the tank is empty, close the valve and refill the tank. Open a hot water faucet to allow air to escape, and then turn the power or gas supply back on. This can be dangerous, so be sure to call an expert for help!
- Check the pressure relief valve: The pressure relief valve is an important safety feature on your water heater. It releases excess pressure in the tank to prevent it from exploding. To check the valve, lift the lever or pull the trip lever. You should hear a rush of air or see water flow out of the valve. If nothing happens, the valve may be faulty and should be replaced.
- Insulate the pipes: Insulating your hot water pipes can reduce heat loss and save you energy. It can also prevent the pipes from sweating, which can cause moisture problems in your home. If this is something you’re interested in, be sure to contact the experts for assistance.
- Consider installing a water softener: Water softeners help to remove any hard minerals from your water supply. It causes minerals such as calcium and magnesium to bond with sodium to supply less mineralized water. This can overall help your home’s pipes and is beneficial for drinking, cooking, bathing, laundry, and much more.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your water heater is ready for the increased demand for spring and summer water usage. A well-maintained water heater will not only save you money on energy costs but will also provide you with reliable hot water when you need it.
Rent With Us
At Reliance Heath Water Heaters, we rent both water heaters and softeners to help provide convenience and a cost-effective solution. Our units are rented annually to save you money up-front from buying a water heater and softener. When you rent with us, we provide you with servicing and routine maintenance checks at no additional cost. Take advantage of all our rental program has to offer!
No matter your water heater needs, Reliance Heath Water Heater Rentals is here to help. If you’re ever unsure or doing these checks becomes too dangerous, be sure to call an expert to avoid any injury. For more information, be sure to contact us today.
by Baylee White | Jul 6, 2022 | Promotion, Water Softeners
In case you haven’t heard, our North Star Water Softeners are on special right now and this is something you don’t want to miss. As Michael Scott would say “it’s happening, everyone stay calm. This is NOT a drill!”
Water Softener Promo
For a limited time, when you get a water softener with us, you will receive no-charge installation and your first three months rent-free. If renting or purchasing a water softener was something you were considering, now it is your time with no commitment to purchasing the unit. This deal is rare and doesn’t come around often, so be sure to take advantage while it is here.
Pro Tip: Re-read the last paragraph. This is a deal you should take seriously before it’s gone.
Why A Water Softener?
At Reliance Heath, we use North Star Water Softeners as they’re the best systems in our professional opinion. These water softeners have the following features:
- Water Meter – The turbine water meter accurately measures the amount of water being softened down to exactly 0.2 gallons per minute.
- Look Ahead Technology – The patented programming monitors your water usage and determines when a regeneration of the softener is needed. The system learns your water use patterns and gets more efficient as it learns by calculating the precise amount of salt and water needed to regenerate only the portion of the resin beads that have been used. This saves you salt, water, and efficiencies!
- Super Cap Time Keeper – In the event of a loss of power, North Star Softeners maintain accurate time for up to 72 hours without batteries. For longer power outages, only the current time needs to be re-entered.
- Envionseal Circuitry Protection – North Star Water Softeners are securely sealed to protect from salt corrosion and high humidity so the softener lasts longer.
- No Worry Setting – No vacation setting is required. If you are not using water it does not regenerate. Thus, saving salt and water.
- Heavy-Duty Valve – Our softeners have fewer moving parts than other softener valves, making North Star Water Softeners more reliable.
- High Capacity Resin – North Star Water Softeners use a special long-life resin for the most efficient use of salt and water.
- Resin Bed Agitator – North Star Water Softeners use water pressure to constantly agitate the resin bed. This keeps the bed free of iron, dirt, and other solids so the softener runs at peak efficiency and capacity.
Saving You Money – We save you money on salt and water usage, as North Star uses half the water and salts as its competitors. The North Star Softener uses approximately 3 lbs of salt to regenerate. To compare, the competitors use approximately 10 lbs of salt. North Star uses 30 gallons of water to regenerate; the competitors use 60 gallons of water.
This is how we save you money and provide the most environmentally friendly softener solution.
Water softeners may not be a necessity for everyone, but they can do good for you and your home thanks to their benefits. On average it can cost anywhere from $400 to $4000 for a water softener depending on the size required. Once you have the water softener, it costs an average of $400+ to have it installed in your home. When you run into any issues and need maintenance checks, those are extra expenses you have to pay for out of pocket.
At Reliance, we rent out all of our water softeners which overall is the most cost-effective solution. We rent out our units annually, we have no additional service costs and we offer free routine maintenance.
If you’re looking to take advantage of this deal, looking for a service or even a water heater, be sure to contact us today!